31 Dec Update on Boulder fires from CVMA
Our thoughts are with the communities affected by the fires in Boulder County, particularly the more than 35,000 people who have been forced to evacuate their homes.
Looking to help, or in need of help yourself? CVMA has compiled a list of resources for the Colorado veterinary community.
For those looking to help
Thank you to all of our veterinarians who have reached out offering to help animal and human victims of the Boulder fires. If you’re looking for ways to help, here’s where you can start:
- Have donations of veterinary services such as kennel space, veterinary supplies, or veterinary care? The Boulder Office of Emergency Management has a form on their website for donations.
- Looking to volunteer? Authorities are directing interested volunteers to sign up on Colorado Responds.
- Looking to give a financial donation? Monetary funds can be donated to the Red Cross or to the Community Foundation.
- Have extra household goods to donate? Authorities are directing household goods donations to local non-profit thrift stores.
- Interested in opening your home to displaced residents? Sign up to be a vetted host at Airbnb.com and you will be alerted through the Airbnb Open Homes Program if needed.
The Boulder Office of Emergency Management has asked people to NOT call their emergency lines to offer donations; they need to keep the lines clear for emergency services work.