About the CVMA Awards
The CVMA Awards recognize outstanding achievements of those who positively impact the veterinary profession in Colorado. CVMA is proud to honor and celebrate members of the Colorado veterinary community for their contributions to the veterinary profession in Colorado.
All award winners are traditionally recognized during the annual CVMA membership meeting.
Veterinarian of the Year Award
The CVMA Veterinarian of the Year Award is a peer-nominated award that recognizes the outstanding achievements of a CVMA member veterinarian. Peer nominations are now open for the 2023 CVMA Veterinarian of the Year!
- Awardees must be a current CVMA member.
- Awardees must be a veterinarian.
- Awardees must not have received the Veterinarian of the Year Award within the past 10 years.
- Awardees may be employed in any field of work (practice, research, education, organization, public service, or regulatory service), or may also be retired.
- July 31: Nomination submission deadline for Veterinarian of the Year
- August 20: Veterinarian of the Year winner and nominator notified
- September 10: All award winners recognized during virtual CVMA Member Meeting