Ten participants will be selected from the applicant pool to participate in the Power of 10 | Doctors Leadership Academy. Participants will join a network of peers in a series of year-long learning experiences that commence in October and culminate in fall 2024 at CVMA Convention.
Through Power of 10, participants will:
- Develop fundamental understanding of leadership skills and emotional intelligence
- Deepen comprehension of communication styles and skills
- Acquire critical skills to intensify business acumen
- Gain the competency to utilize these skills within your life, practice, and community
- Heighten self-awareness and better understand how to maximize interactions with those around you
- Develop a vision of the leader you can be – and what it takes to become that leader
- Experience a supportive environment that fosters meaningful interpersonal relationships and collaborative, lifelong interactions
In-person learning experiences are scheduled to minimize the impact on working hours – and the entire program is designed to garner support from practice owners who recognize their key responsibility in developing human resources.
Participants will receive full tuition scholarships to the program, plus complimentary registration to CVMA Convention 2024 where Power of 10 | Doctors Leadership Academy graduates will be recognized. CVMA will provide food at each session, coaches, the curriculum team, and two nights of lodging in Nederland for the initial gathering; participants are otherwise responsible for their own lodging if needed and for transportation to all learning experiences.
Prospective participants are encouraged to review the curriculum and schedule below prior to applying. Attendance at all events is expected and is very important for your educational experience. Every effort should be made to attend all events, and attendance is required without exception at the Initial Gathering, held October 13-15, 2023.
*This program is intended for veterinarians who graduated within the last seven years; other candidates may be considered based on their level of interest.